Saturday, February 21, 2009
Birthday, Birthday, Birthday and awards
January and February are busy birthday months for our family. (Not just our family, but extended as well. Over the 2 months we have 7, and if you want to go into March we add another 2, and really why we are at it, birthdays continue until we get into July - we call it birthday season it comes after the holidays. ) But anyway, back to the immediate family Jarren turned 9, on January 25th. He celebrated with a Bakugan theme party with a laser tag battle with his buddies and had a blast! (Is anyone asking themselves what Bakugan is??!! Think Pokemon, still stumped?) Then we had donuts and bagels on a Sunday morning with family, followed by every kids favorite Chuck E Cheese for lunch with just mom, dad and Reese. Whew, and only one bday down.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, he got his first (bb) gun. He was very excited about it. I felt a little strange taking this picture of my child holding up a gun like this. But I guess when you live in Michigan it goes with the territory.
The next birthday was mine on Jan. 29th. I turned a certain age that I can't believe I have reached because really I still feel like I am in my twenties. I sure hope I look it too! Someone told me once, I believe it was my grandma, that it means good luck when your kids were born close to your own birth day.
Then Jarren was January Student of the Month for his classroom for responsibility. He is such a good kid (more so at school even!) he has been student of the month every year. We are so proud of him. And you may notice he is growing his hair out. He is a bit of a fuzz ball, we really aren't sure what to do with it. But he is nine now, so I guess he is finding himself . . . so we are going with the flow.
Next we moved on to Reese's birthday. She turned the big 5!! So she is already for school, and so excited to be so. I recall last year she told us that when you are five you have to start paying for your own stuff, I remember writing this down to show her some day. I will use it every time she is begging for something at the store. (But I am certain it won't work.) Reese picked Garfield's' restaurant for her dinner night out with the folks. She picked this place because they make mac n cheese (and that is the kraft kind) So we got to pay $60 for going out for mac n cheese but hey, it was her birthday! She had to change into her fancy dress and tights and she wore the birthday crown she wore all day at school. She was so funny! This girl loves to dress up! And let me tell you it doesn't always match, and it stresses me out sometimes, but she sure is funny and oh so cute in the end. (note: I do go around saying she dressed herself today so everyone isn't thinking 'she made her daughter wear that today!?') She asked for a strapless dress for her birthday, she must think she is 16, she didn't get one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Finally...a break from b-days. Hope to see some photos of your D.C. trip...oh...learned some new things to try with our cameras!!!!
Post a Comment